Ph.D. University of Duesseldorf. Professor Chemistry Department, UPRRP.
Structure-guided protein encapsulation, non-aqueous enzymology, protein formulation, protein stability, protein glycosylation, relationship between protein structural dynamics and enzyme activity, PEG modification of proteins, bio-fuel cells.
- Improving systems for the sustained release of protein drugs from biocompatible polymer micro- and nanospheres
- Stabilizing proteins by covalent modification with glycans and polymers for various applications (e.g., formulation, devices)
- Non-aqueous enzymology to stereoselective synthesize drug precursor molecules
- Immobilize enzymes on nano-structured or -sized devices in biosensor and fuel-cell applications
- Nano-particulate protein powders in delivery applications
- Develop novel experiments to improve student learning in general chemistry laboratories
- Computational modeling of modified proteins
- Relationship between enzyme glycosylation, dynamics, function, and stability
- Stabilization of proteins at interfaces (e.g., those encountered in medical devices)
- Castillo B, Sola R, Ferrer A, Barletta G, Griebenow K (2008) Effect of PEG modification on subtilisin Carlsberg activity, enantioselectivity, and structural dynamics in 1,4-dioxane. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 99 (1):9-17.
- Solá RJ, Rodriguez J, Griebenow K (2007) Modulation of protein biophysical behavior by chemical glycosylation: biochemical insights and biomedical implications, Review for Cell. Mol. Life Sci., 64 (16): 2133-2152.
- Schweitzer-Stenner R, Measey T, Kakalis L, Jordan F, Pizzanelli S, Forte C, Griebenow K (2007) Conformations of alanine based peptides in water probed by FTIR, Raman, vibrational circular dichroism, electronic circular dichroism, and NMR spectroscopy, Biochemistry 46(6):1587-1596.
- Castillo B, Bansal V, Ganesan A, Halling P, Secundo F, Ferrer A, Griebenow K, Barletta G (2006) On the activity loss of hydrolases in organic solvents: II. A mechanistic study of subtilisin Carlsberg. BMC Biotechnology 6:51. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6750/6/51
- Solá RJ, Griebenow K (2006) Influence of modulated structural dynamics on the kinetics of a-chymotrypsin catalysis: Insights through chemical glycosylation, molecular dynamics simulations and domain motion analysis. FEBS Journal 273(23):5303-5319.