Olga L. Mayol
Ph.D., Chemistry. University of Puerto Rico-Río Piedras, and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory 1998. Manager Cape San Juan Station.
Atmospheric Chemistry and Environmental Chemistry. Chemical, physical and optical properties of atmospheric aerosols; impact of aerosols on climate; size-resolved chemical composition and sources of aerosols in tropical regions; carbonaceous aerosols; organic aerosols and their role in cloud condensation nuclei properties; impact of atmospheric aerosols on the ecosystem, the degradation of structures and health.
Analytic Chemistry Seminar, Environmental Conservation and Management Techniques, Advanced Topics in Environmental Chemistry, Advanced Topics in Analytical Chemistry, General Chemistry I and II, Air Resources: Conservation and Management
Physical and chemical properties of aerosol particles as a function of their origin (African dust, North America continent, maritime trade winds, Southeastern Caribbean wind currents) and after long-range transport.
- Prospero, J.M. and O. L. Mayol-Bracero, Understanding the Transport and Impact of African Dust on the Caribbean Basin, B. Am. Meteorol. Soc., DOI: 10.1175/BAMS-D-12-00142.1, 2013..
- Gioda, A., O. L. Mayol-Bracero, F. N. Scatena, K. C. Weathers, V. L. Mateus, and W. H. McDowell, Chemical constituents in clouds and rainwater in the Puerto Rican rainforest: Potential sources and seasonal drivers. Atmos. Environ., 68, 208-220, 2013.
- Gioda, A., G.J. Reyes-Rodriguez, G. Santos-Figueroa, J. Collett Jr., S. Decesari, M.C. Ramos, H.J.C. Bezerra Netto, F.R. Aquino Neto, O.L. Mayol-Bracero, Speciation of water-soluble inorganic, organic and total nitrogen in a background marine environment: cloud water, rainwater and aerosol particles, Journal of Geophysical Research, 116, doi:10.1029/2010JD015010, 2011.
- Soto-García, L.L., M.O. Andreae, T.W. Andreae, P. Artaxo, W. Maenhaut, T. Kirchstetter, T. Novakov, J.C. Chow, and O.L. Mayol-Bracero, Evaluation of the carbon content of aerosols from the burning of biomass in the Brazilian Amazon using thermal, optical and thermal- optical analysis methods, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 11, 4425-4444, 2011
- Martin, S. T., M. O. Andreae, P. Artaxo, D. Baumgardner, Q. Chen, A. H. Goldstein, A. Guenther, C. L. Heald, O. L. Mayol-Bracero, P. H. McMurry, T. Pauliquevis, U. Pöschl, K. A. Prather, G. C. Roberts, S. R. Saleska, M.A. Silva Dias, D. V. Spracklen, E. Swietlicki, and I. Trebs, Sources and Properties of Amazonian Aerosol Particles, Reviews of Geophysics, 48, RG2002, doi:10.1029/2008RG000280., 2010.