PhD. Environmental Engineering.
Water supply for small communities, to include the development and testing of appropriate technology and community organization; vulnerability analysis for drinking water systems; natural-human systems in the urbanizing tropics.
Solid Waste Management; Seminar in Environmental Sciences; Air Resources
- Roubert, M., Robles, P. and R. Rios, El Impacto de las Polleras en las Concentraciones de Nitrato en las Aguas Subterraneas y en el Suelo de la Comunidad El Hocar en Salinas, Puerto Rico. Presented at the XXX Congreso Interamericano de Ingeniera Sanitaria y Ambiental (AIDIS), Punta del Este, Uruguay, November 2006, and published in the Proceedings
- Alicea, A., Robles, J., Guillont, H., and R. Rios, Performance Evaluation of Three Slow Sand Filters. Presented at the 4th International Slow Sand and Alternative Biological Filtration Conference at Mulheim an der Ruhr, Germany, May 2006, and published in Recent Progress in Slow Sand and Alternative Biofiltration Processes, IWA Publishing, London, UK, 2006.
- Rios, R. and I. Roman, Common Design Errors in Wastewater Treatment Plants. Presented at the XXIX Congreso Interamericano de Ingeniera Sanitaria y Ambiental (AIDIS), San Juan, Puerto Rico, August 2004, and published in the Proceedings
- Roman, I. and R, Rios, Relationship Between Nitrogen and Phosphorus Concentrations and Excessive Plant Growth in Tropical Waters. Presented at 6th Region I AIDIS Congreso and published in the Proceedings, Port-au-Prince, Haiti, November 2003.
- Hernández, N. and R. Rios, "Evaluation of Coliphage and Fecal Coliform Densities on the Principal Canal of the Irrigation System in Southwestern Puerto Rico, presented at the XXVIII AIDIS Congress, published in the Proceedings, Cancún, Mexico, October 2002.